Sunday 8 July 2007

STAGE 3 CANB: AND SOME LOWS...

Although not a pretty picture, it’s what resulted from the 75km stage. I wish I could shed some light on the devastation but it’s even worse than the picture shows. Ruth, Lou and I worked well to make the lead bunch of 11 before a small fall on the penultimate climb saw Ruth drop her chain. We did our best to bring her back into contact with the four away, but in the closing kilometres it all came undone.

After leading down the violent descent I heard a scream and turned to see four girls sliding toward the rail and contacting hard. Our hearts sank. Lou and I finished top 10, failing to participate in the sprint, Bel arriving a few minutes later. While at lunch Ruth was at the hospital discovering the extent of her injuries. Tests proved inconclusive and I began to wonder if rooming with me was a curse? Jess in China and now this…

Results: Kowalski Tour, Stage 3, 75kms
Results: Kowalski Tour, General Classification
Results: Kowalski Tour, KOM Classification