Sunday 7 October 2007

ON HOLIDAYS

It almost seems stupid to say that as every day seems a holiday to me at the moment. Tomorrow however, that shall all change as I believe I am finally over two weeks of sickness where a cold and stomach bug saw me confined to my bed. A busy week of school expo’s, meetings with my coach Liz Taylor (with her new baby girl Ruby!) and local soccer and football grand finals seemed to run me down. Celebrations with friends have given me more happy snaps but I fear that my next photo may have to be in lycra! To find some motivation I’ve started to scrapbook the Junior World Championships from last year and am reading, for probably the fourth time, the series of Lance Armstrong novels. I know it’s corny but I love him!

Today was a busy one in terms of sport, not for me but for the state. I was jealous of the 250 cyclists that helped to kick-off the CCCC criterium season! But then there were those enjoying the weather for the Melbourne Marathon, the country Criterium Championships, the local Morwell-Glenmaggie and the boys across the Bass concluding the Tour of Tasmania. With new sponsors on board at the VIS in ‘Santini’ clothing apparel and ‘Lazer’ helmets, Leigh Howard and Richard England certainly looked the part when, between them, they raced to victory in 5 of 10 stages! I found a compromise and spent the day counting down laps at Bathurst and with my scheduled week to come I think I was in need of the rest. It seems I’ll be approaching my first races of the season in poor form!