Tuesday 5 June 2007

STAGE 3 CHINA: YELLOW, GREEN AND TEAMS!

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, it just did! Despite the dirt ridden soaking jerseys that will take 30hours to dry, despite the two punctures that Skye-Lee faced and the time penalty that will occur, and despite the embarrassing crash that saw Lou deck herself while on the front…it was a perfect day! The team worked well on the road with Kate helping me to bring back the breaks required with ease. A bunch kick was to prevail but this time I got lost into the final corner. The guilt passed quickly though as I watched Bel take her second stage win!! I ran 7th with Kate finishing 18th, helping team ADT to retain the teams classification.

This was followed by presentation of champagne for Bel’s stage victory, GC and points. I visited Jess for the final time tonight as she will following on the road tomorrow in the team car. She seems a lot better and has been diagnosed with cholecystitis (inflammation of the gall balder). We are no longer one man down :)

Results: Tour of Chong Ming Island, Stage 3, Chongbei, 72.8 kms